Environmentally Friendly Printing
During the 1990s the damaging environmental impact of the printing industry was realised. Printroom then enthusiastically embarked on a long-term strategy to ensure that the environment would not be adversely affected by our business activities.
Printroom is not only committed to you, but to everything around you.
Our design and print service is driven by a policy to leave only the lightest environmental footprint without compromising either dynamic service and cost competitiveness.
Printing services delivered Australia-wide
As partners, we can achieve our environmental cooperate goals together.
The green printing initiatives we have introduced to benefit the environment and our customers include:
- Utilising computer to plate (CTP) printing technology.
- Recycling all printing plates by smelting.
- Printing with vegetable based inks.
- Source paper from suppliers who use pulp from sustainable sources.
- Recycling all waste material in a safe and responsible manner.
- Planning all road deliveries to minimise gas emissions.
- Achieving world's best practice ISO 9001:2000 Quality Management Systems.
- Minimising the consumption of natural resources and energy.
- Complying with all environmental legislation.
- Introducing file transfer protocol (FTP) to eliminate the need for CDs and DVDs - resulting in reduced landfill.
- Reusing or recycling timber pallets.
- Recommending recycled paper to our customers.
- Breaking down all obsolete computers, monitors, and other e-waste into useable commodities.
- Maintaining OHS regulations to provide a safe and healthy working environment.
You can be assured that - as your design and print partner - Printroom is doing its part to create a healthier and more sustainable environment.