According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics there were more than 2.17 million actively trading businesses in Australia in 2016. 2.17 million. So what do you do to make yours stand out?
From inflatable tube man costumes flailing around in the wind on the side of the highway, to free air guitar giveaways, the Internet is rife with suggestions for ways to stay in the forefront of your customers’ minds. However, there is one technique that continues to stand the test of time: face-to-face communication.
There is something to be said for a simple smile, handshake, card-swap and conversation. That is, a return to these simple actions from time-to-time reminds your clients that they matter. This tangible approach is a rarity in the age of Facebook and LinkedIn. Bring it back and then add another element to the experience with textured business cards.
Here are 5 reasons to step outside the square.
1. ANOTHER DESIGN DIMENSION TO PLAY WITH. You can go for one-sided textures or two, add colour or keep it plain. Embossing, debossing, foil stamping, letter pressing, printing onto different shapes and materials – when it comes to adding in a textural dimension, the options for business card printing are truly endless.
2. WOW FACTOR. Business cards with different textures look and feel great, meaning they’re much more likely to get noticed right away. A card swap is already a tangible experience; textures allow you to take this to the next level. People have five senses – so go ahead and make your business card a visual AND tactile experience.
3. DETAILS, DETAILS. Adding a whole new design feature may make it seem like your business card has a lot going on, but it’s actually a clever way to add creative flair without distracting from key points of information. While incorporating the use of varied colours and fonts on traditional cards is a great way to grab attention, it’s too easy to overpower the important parts. Incorporating texture enables you to exercise creativity in a different way, allowing the option of relaying key information in simple, easy-to-read fonts and colours, while letting your embossed logo carry the overall ‘look’.
4. IMAGE BOOST. Crisp suits, stylish ties, and polished shoes are simply a part of the corporate world. It’s just the way it is. When you conclude a meeting, your business card becomes the only item in terms of marketing that you remove from this professional image to hand to and leave with a prospective client. Ensuring your business card is nailing it in the design arena ensures you have elevated your image to the next level, increasing your chances of getting noticed.
5. THEY’RE AFFORDABLE. How much does a strong first impression cost? Allow us to answer that for you: it’s priceless. You can, however, put a price on professionally designed business cards that set you apart from the competition, and regardless of what you might think, the whole process won’t break the bank. Printing business cards in Australia is as easy as perusing the many options Printroom has on offer and requesting a quote online.